Welcome to Mahar Asia Website
- The Influence of Neoclassical Architecture In the Modern WorldNeoclassical architecture style has had a significant influence on the design of many government buildings in the United States. This style, which was popular in Europe during the 18th and 19th centuries, is characterized by its use of classical elements and symmetry, and its emphasis on simplicity and order. One […]
- Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina“All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” ― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
- Leo Tolstoy“Only to change the world Everyone is thinking To change yourself first No one thinks.” Leo Tolstoy
- East Pwo Karen Basic Sentences and Word OrderAs explained in the book, Culture, Customs and Literature of the Eastern Pwo Karen People in Myanmar, by Ashin Pin Nya Tha Mi (2022), the basic word order for Eastern Pwo Karen is Subject-Verb-Object, whereas the basic word order for Burmese is Subject-Object-Verb. We can see the examples shown below. […]
- Bīja (Buddhism)Explanation in English (The Princeton Dictionary of Buddhism)  Bīja (T. sa bon ས་བོན་; C. zhongzi), literally “seed”, is used in two contexts: 1) “karmic seeds” that ripen upon meeting with appropriate causes and condition; 2) “seed syllables” used as a focus for visualization in tantric practices. (SuttaCentral — Dictionary) bīja […]
- Book Excerpts
- Books by Taung Galay Sayadaw
- Daily Post
Do you want to get involved in Mahar Pañña’s discussion?
Drop us a message at our Facebook page.